Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Model City You Blue Me Away

Hello, hello!

First and foremost, I want to extend a HUGE thank you to the lovely ladies over at redditpolish for being amazingly supportive and following my blog adventures through "INDIE"-AN SUMMER! You ladies are wonderful! :)

I think it is very appropriate that today I have an indie to share which I actually found out about via Reddit! It's Model City You Blue Me Away. Model City was the first indie brand I ever purchased, so it holds a special place in my little polish lovin' heart!




This polish is part of Model City's 2013 line of pastel holos. PASTEL HOLOS! You Blue Me Away is a light blue polish with a very subtle scattered holo shimmer. Other bloggers have described this color as a baby blue, but I think I see it as more of a light blue-grey... or maybe that's just my brain which is insanely obsessed with all blue grey polishes. I ain't complaining.


I actually purchased this polish quite some time ago but I haven't worn it until now. Ohio winters (and springs... and falls... and even summers sometimes) are rather dark and gloomy, so I didn't want to waste the holo goodness on a dreary day. Brace yourself, folks - there's a lot of pictures here. So let's get down to business, shall we?

Indirect light. Still gorgeous!


And then, I braved the outdoors.




I learned two things today while attempting to photograph my nails: 1) holos are HARD to photograph, and 2) my pointer finger nail is really getting on my nerves.


I had no issues with applying this polish. It's a little sheer, but as I've said before, these kind of things don't bother me as long as I can build it up to opacity without any gloopiness or dragging. I did four coats on each nail, but if your nail line isn't as visible as mine, I think you could easily get away with three coats! You can still see a bit of my nail line on a couple of my nails in the above picture, but it's hardly noticable in person.



I also really love the subtle holo! I have my days when I want a bright, punch-you-in-the-face type of holo, and days when I just want that little hint of rainbow, and this polish totally does that for me! It totally makes me appreciate scattered holos, too. I think I actually prefer them over linears!



This is one of the only non-glitter bomb indies I own and I am quite content with that! It's totally beautiful and perfect for spring. Shall we macro?

Indirect light...


Sunshine! POW POW!


Model City Polish is available for purchase on Etsy, and for you international polishaholics, the line is now carried by Edgy Polish! While you're there buying all the pastel holo pretties, be sure to add Strawberry Jam and Red Spinel to your cart... BUT SAVE ONE FOR ME PLEASE. And don't forget to like Model City on Facebook and check out Nina's blog - Model City Nails! She has wonderful customer service and is lovely to interact with!

No comments:

Post a Comment