Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Nail Pattern Boldness Boop-Oop-a-Dupe

I think it's safe to say that most nail polish lovers know about the elusive Clarins 230 polish, aka "Unicorn Pee." It's pretty much one of the most ridiculously awesome polishes in the world. It's also ridiculously expensive and very hard to find. You probably also know about one of the famed dupes for Clarins 230 - Max Factor Fantasy Fire! Equally gorgeous and also rather difficult to find, especially if you're in the United States!

But there is hope, my friends. Even more dupes are out there. Accessible dupes. Indie dupes. And so I present to you: Nail Pattern Boldness Boop-Oop-a-Dupe.




Boop-Oop-a-Dupe is a red-based color shifting topcoat polish. It flashes from red to copper to green and it's freaking awesome. I wanted this polish for sooooo long and I even asked for it for Christmas but sadly, it had sold out by the time someone went to grab it for me. :( But when Llarowe restocked it, it became MINE! Is it very obvious that I have a severe addiction with spending all my time oogling over polishes on Llarowe? Yes?


You can see a bit of the color-shifting from red to a golden-yellowy color in the macro shot! Now, FOREWARNING! These next swatches were ridiculously hard to photograph. SO HARD. I applied it over Sally Hansen Blue Me Away - and if you have this polish, you can totally see the difference that Boop-Oop-a-Dupe makes! I love it!



No issues whatsoever applying this polish. It's a topcoat and it applies very smoothly! I did two generous coats on each nail.


I think I like Boop-Oop-a-Dupe even more than the Clarins and Max Factor polishes. gasp! I know, TREASON. But the color shift is SO ridiculously awesome and bright. You can see a comparison of Boop-Oop-a-Dupe and Fantasy Fire over at Sassy Paints, and the Nail Pattern Boldness polish is so much more brilliant and in your face. I LOVE IT! It's also nice that this polish is actually easily accessible and isn't going to break the bank.



The copper and green shift is ridiculously impossible to capture unless you photograph it from an extremely awkward angle... BUT! Macro lens saved the day. Lookit dat color-shiftin' shimmer.


I am kind of obsessed with how this looks over blues, but I always seem to find pictures of it swatched over just one shade of blue or black or brown. NO MORE! I decided to have some fun and pull out some of my favorite blue polishes to do a little comparison.



It definitely looks the most brilliant over polishes like Essie Butler Please and Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, but I think it looks awesome over LA Colors Teal Dimension! I almost swatched it over a-England Tristam but I couldn't find it in my disorganized mess of polish. I'll save that for another day. :) I quite like it over Sea Spray too, but as you can see, it completely changes the look of the polish from blue-grey to a lavendery-blue gorgeousness! I think I'll have to try that combination again - it seems very springy to me.

Close up of EVERYTHING! Click to make it bigger and more awesome. :D


Phew, ridiculously long post. This polish is exclusive to Llarowe, but you can purchase other Nail Pattern Boldness polishes on their Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment